Roman Road Trust has partnered with Year Here to give a tour of Roman Road Market, past, present, and future. Our Managing Director and local resident, Rosie Vincent, will be guiding ticket holders down the Roman for a taste of a real east end market.
The tour is being delivered as part of Year Here’s series of Hidden Market Taster Tours. Year Here is a postgraduate course in social innovation based in London.
The Real East End Market Tour | Christmas Shopping Experience aims to immerse attendees into the famous Roman Road Market through meeting those who live, breathe, and make our high street.
Your guide will introduce you to:
- G Kelly Pie and Mash founded in 1939
- St. Sugar of London with Enzo
- Andy the Donut Man
- Ladies fashion stalls and winter warmer coats with Alfie
- Saucy Kipper Fish and Chips
- Building the barrows with Terry & Adrian
You’ll love this tour if you are:
- Up for trying new foods and meeting new people
- Flexible and open-minded, happy to give feedback to the tour organiser (this is the first of its kind and a learning experience)
- Interested in supporting London’s independent traders
- Curious about London’s East End roots
So whether you’re new to Bow, a local resident, or a tourist, come and join us down the Roman!
Why not stick around and get your lunch from G Kelly’s Pie & Mash for only £3.90?
Tickets are £8.00 including booking fees and a free hot drink. Ticket holders will also be entitled to special discounts at selected stalls.
The tour lasts approximately 45 minutes and will be mainly outside so please wrap up warm.
Please bring cash for all optional snacks and market stall stops along the way. All cash goes directly to traders to support their independent business.
Image credit © Social Streets C.I.C