This policy covers all data that is shared by a visitor with us whether directly via www.romanroadtrust.co.uk or via email.
This policy provides an explanation as to what happens to any personal data that you share with us, or that we collect from you either directly via this Website or via email.
Businesses are required under the Data Protection Act 2018 to have a data protection officer. Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) is Bridget Taylor and can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we collect
In operating our Website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblog statistics and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, such as when you register to receive information such as a newsletter or contact us via the contact us page.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services, and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our Website to our advertisers.
Such information will not identify you personally, it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever. It is used by us to analyse how visitors interact with the Website so that we can continue to develop and improve this Website.
We may gather information about your general Internet use by using a cookie file that is downloaded to your computer. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular areas of our Website.
Any advertising featured on this Website may also incorporate cookies, over which we have no control. Such cookies (if used) would be downloaded once you click on advertisements on our Website.
For more information on cookies you can read the guidance at All About Cookies.
Use of your information
Generally, Roman Road Trust collects personal information directly from you when you:
- Deal with us in person, by telephone, letter, fax or email
- Fill out and submit a membership application form
- Submit any other information in connection with your application for membership or the purchase of products and services
- Register for a publication subscription
- Make an enquiry
- Apply for a bursary or grant
- Register to attend an event
We don’t sell your data to third parties. Roman Road Trust treats all information collected as if it were private. We don’t sell the information to anyone and we don’t use your data for our own purposes, except as outlined in this policy.
Why we collect information
We collect personal data to:
- Administer our activities, products, services or grants and bursaries
- Ensure we have achieved an accurate representation of the community in which we work
- To gather aggregated information about our stakeholders and/or to help improve or tailor our services.
- To facilitate the remittance of your donations if any
- To validate that you are who you say you are and have the right to vote
- To provide the demographic data that is required by our funding partners
Storing your personal data
We may transfer data that we collect from you to locations inside of the European Economic area for processing and storing. In addition, it may be processed by staff operating inside the European Economic area who work for us or for one of our suppliers. For example, such staff may be engaged in the processing and concluding of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into via our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and the transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Third party links
You might find links to third party websites on our Website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them
Access to information
The Data Protection Acts 1998 and 2018 give you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.
We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this policy please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
If you would prefer to write to us then our contact address is 32 Strahan Road, London, E3 5DB.