Looking for flexible work that helps the community and provides some extra cash in the form of shopping vouchers? Roman Road Trust is looking for a two market researchers to help gather data over the next few months about Globe Town.
Title: Market researcher and data analyst
Location: Roman Road and surrounding areas, visiting people door-to
Purpose: To support the work of our Community Development Coordinator by carrying out door to door and other outreach activities within specified geographical areas in order to discover what local people would like
Hourly Rate: £10 in gift vouchers from One4All that can be spent at over 100 shops and online retailers including John Lewis, Marks & Spender, PCWorld, House of Fraser, Oasis, Amazon, Argos, B&Q, Boots, Burtons, Gap, H&M, Primark, TKMax and Waterstones.
Hours: During the day including some Saturday mornings
Duration: 20 hours minimum over the next three months, working in pairs
Expenses: The work is local and conducted in half-day sessions so no travel or lunch expenses will be required.
Main duties and responsibilities
You will be involved in two projects and working in pairs:
To conduct a survey of shoppers in Roman Road and surrounding areas
- Ask passers-by to take part in the survey in a friendly manner
- Explain the purpose of the market research
- Use an tablet to take the responses
- Collect responses from different parts of Globe Town
- Work quickly and efficiently to meet targets
- Attend 4 x community stall on Globe Town Market on agreed Saturdays
To count footfall on Roman Road in Globe Town
- Stand at agreed positions and count passers-by on the pavement at agreed intervals
through out the day and on agreed days during the week
- Use a clicker to count people
- Record data on spreadsheets
- Analyse data and create charts using Google Forms
Skill you will need
- The ability to be able to explain complex issues to local residents in an easily understood manner.
- A positive, happy and cheerful disposition and to be comfortable speaking with new people
- To be thorough and accurate to be able to keep good records of visits and work carried out, using Shared Google Drive
- Good with figures to help process and present the data
About Roman Road Trust
Roman Road Trust is a small but ambitious community and economic development company operating in the Roman Road area in Bow and Bethnal Green in Tower Hamlets, East London. It is a charitable organisation set up to help improve the high street, and its vision is for a thriving local economy that gives the opportunity and space for communities to flourish.
Tabitha Stapely is the Chief Executive Officer of Roman Road Trust.
RRT’s work is done on a project-basis, with most projects led by the CEO or other freelance professionals who work regularly for RRT. RRT’s activities have grown gradually since the organisation began as the Roman Road Town Team in 2012, incorporating in November 2014. In 2016, the organisation turned over c£50k.
Applications need to be made by Wednesday 25 October.
Please apply by email to email@example.com, providing a CV and a covering letter that describes your strengths and any relevant experience