Do you run a shop, stall or business on Roman Road? If so take advantage of the publicity and extra footfall of Roman Road Festival week to put on your own event between the dates of Monday 13th and Saturday 18th July.
An amazing 4,000 people came last year and we achieved a satisfaction rating of 86.5% – a true testament to everyone who helped and participated. With YOUR help we are determined to repeat or even beat this fantastic figure this year.
The Summer Festival 2015 lineup
Two key Sundays start and end the festival:
12th July: Village Screen & Sports Sunday in Gladstone Place
- Wimbledon Men’s Finals on the big screen
- Giant games, sports workshops & street entertainment
- Food, bar, strawberries & cream
- Storytelling & Art Attack at Idea Store
19th July: Eid Party and Sunday Makers-Market at Roman Road Car Park
- Music & live performances
- Local produce & craft market
- Asian & world food stalls
- Face painting, henna and family entertainment
Dates for fringe events
- Host a fringe event between Monday 13th and Saturday 18th July. Some ideas:
- Run a stall on either Sunday – there are still opportunities for food providers on 12th July and craft makers and food stalls on Sunday 19 July
- Decorate your shop for the festival. Our colours are green and yellow this year. Eid, tennis and sport are our themes.
- Give a special offer or discount or run a competition during festival week
- Set up some entertainment or a stall outside your shop on Sunday 12th or 19th Balloons, face-painting, product samples, tastings…etc
- Provide some financial sponsorship towards the running of the festival – always appreciated and needed
Marketing and publicity
- We will list your event or offer on the romanroadlondon.com website
- We will mention your event on our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- If relevant, we will list your event in our printed Festival Fringe Events programme, though do to space not all events can be listed on the programme.
- REMEMBER: as well as our marketing, it is essential that you actively promote your own event. Talk about it, advertise it, invite your customers, use your social media channels and spread the word. Last year’s biggest successes were the events that were marketed well by the host venue, so work this opportunity hard for your own benefit.
How to be included in Fringe Events programme
To be included in the Festival Fringe Events Programme, please email by Friday 19th June with:
- The name of your event/proposal
- The name of artists/performers/stars/films involved
- A short description of your event/offering
- Details of any refreshments you plan to provide
- The times and location of your event
- Any special information e.g. audience age or number limits
- A contact name and number for us to reach you on
**After this date you can still take part but you won’t feature in the printed programme**
Tips for success
The festival is an invaluable opportunity for your business to engage with local people, gain new customers and benefit from the publicity, marketing and increased footfall of Festival Week.
- Think carefully about what might work for a festival. Who do you want to reach? What would work for them? What can you offer to tempt new customers in and benefit existing ones?
- Entertainment-led evenings were extremely popular last year – live music, film or spoken word.
- Hands-on workshops and craft activities go down well with both children and adults.
- Invite an expert in your field to lead a talk. If you know a celebrity get them involved; stars attract people and publicity.
- Hold an art or photography exhibition in your shop.
- Not sure what to do? Contact us and we’ll help with ideas, although please understand we are a small team trying to do a great deal with tiny resources so we can’t run your event for you.
How to contact us
- Email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us on 0843 886 8462
We look forward to working with you to create another fantastic Roman Road Summer Festival together.